The prognosis for rat poisoning depends upon the location of clinical signs and whether or not a toxic dose of the rodenticide was ingested. There are rodenticides available that cause different times when coagulation becomes impossible. Just because your dog is not showing clinical signs after ingestion, does not mean that they are not going to happen.
Prevention of the condition is the best bet. Keep all rodenticides out of reach of all pets AND children. If dead rodents are found after putting out rodenticides, make sure they are removed so that a dog can not ingest them.
Cats rarely suffer from rat poison problems. I think this has to do with how picky a cat is. A cat has to walk around a food and sniff it a 100 times before it will even lick it. This cat behavior explains why many cats do not suffer from poisonings. Anyone that has tried to hide amoxicillin drops mixed into a can of tuna will understand the concept.